Suicidal X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicidal X

[sX] Clan

HomeSourceBansLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog indonate

Uninstall IMMEDIATLY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rkade

Uninstall IMMEDIATLY Empty
PostSubject: Uninstall IMMEDIATLY   Uninstall IMMEDIATLY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 am

Hey guise

So I wasn't online yesterday because I was installing some skins, when all of the sudden my AVG pops up gives me a random blue screen (not of death :p).

As it turns out the skins were completely legit, but Daemon Tools isn't...

It does some auto-random-updating from time to time, and if you get lucky it modifies your STPD.sys ...
This will give various conflicts with any anti-virus you have installed and reports everything is a virus.

What it actually does is, once you turn your pc off (which I did because I thought I just removed my "virus" and had to reboot) it sends your pc in an endless reboot cycle which doesn't allow you to boot your pc anymore (not in any kind of safe mode, last configuration, normal mode, .. it won't let you boot).

I (my uncle) altered the STPD.sys and now my pc boots just fine...

THE POINT IS UNINSTALL FREAKING DAEMON TOOLS BECAUSE IT WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP FOR GOOD.

tl;dr: uninstall daemon tools

Also a awesome site which detects ANY and I mean ANYTHING that even looks like a threat.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/emea/ (yes I know the url by heart now)
Back to top Go down

Uninstall IMMEDIATLY
Page 1 of 1